Confused about how to calculate parental leave? An online calculator is now available.
Employers will be breathing a sigh of relief after the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (DIS) has developed an online calculator to help work out eligibility for shared parental leave and pay entitlements. Before using the calculator, employers (or parents) will need to know:
• the start date of their current job
• the date the parent(s) expect to finish work
• the amount of earnings per week
• the date they want the leave to start
• the amount of leave they wish to take
This information is required for each parent in order that the calculations can be worked out accurately.
The DIS calculator is helpful and accurate and should help remove at least one of the difficulties of this complex legislation! If you would prefer to talk to an expert, though, talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org