According to research 68% of employers feel that office design impacts on engagement
The research was conducted with 500 small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) business owners in the UK. It found that 48% of employees working in open-plan offices are more prone to workplace stress and are 50% are more likely to make unhealthy food choices than those working remotely.
Office surroundings should be a top priority for C-suite to ensure that talent is retained and that staff are
Here are five ways to create a workplace devised for optimum productivity.
- Delegate a space for relaxation – Providing a place for employees to escape office stress. This can be informal space for casual meetings and catching up with colleagues over lunch.
- Offer quiet spaces for private work
- Invest in better technology – Quicker Wi-Fi enable employees to work remotely.
- Provide access to natural light – If employees are spending considerable amounts of time cooped up inside offices, they are less likely to be productive.
- Add artwork – Making the office easier on the eye can inspire and motivate employees. Motivational quotes are usually effective for boosting motivation and productivity.