Managing Alcohol & Drugs Misuse in the Workplace
Drug and alcohol misuse are significant issues in our society, and therefore our workplaces. Many wellbeing risk factors, such as social isolation and financial pressures, were heightened post pandemic, increasing the need for employers to engage with the issue.
As an employer you have a legal duty to protect employees’ health, safety, and welfare. Therefore, understanding the signs of drug and alcohol misuse (or abuse) will help you to manage health and safety risk in your workplace. 121 HR Solutions have developed a workshop introducing line managers to scenarios they could face and prompt discussions about the best way to manage such situations.
- Learn the early warning signs and adverse effects of alcohol and drug misuse that may be spotted in the workplace.
- Understand the legal obligations surrounding alcohol and drug misuse.
- Understand how you can enforce alcohol and/or drug testing.
- Learn how to manage alcohol and drug misuse, including how to support an employee.
- Understand how to avoid unfair dismissal when an employee has an alcohol or drug issue.
Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for managing employees.
Book now – 15th August in Glasgow and 16th August in Montrose. Event Bookings | 121HR Solutions – Glasgow