|Drug and alcohol misuse are significant issues in our society, and therefore our workplaces. Many wellbeing risk factors, such as social isolation and financial pressures, were heightened post pandemic, increasing the need for employers to engage with the issue.
As an employer you have a legal duty to protect employees’ health, safety, and welfare. Therefore, understanding the signs of drug and alcohol misuse (or abuse) will help you to manage health and safety risk in your workplace. 121 HR Solutions have developed a workshop introducing line managers to scenarios they could face and prompt discussions about the best way to manage such situations.
This workshop will cover:
· Learn the early warning signs and adverse effects of alcohol and drug misuse that may be spotted in the workplace.
· Understand the legal obligations surrounding alcohol and drug misuse.
· Understand how you can enforce alcohol and/or drug testing.
· Learn how to manage alcohol and drug misuse, including how to support an employee.
· Understand how to avoid unfair dismissal when an employee has an alcohol or drug issue.
Who is it for?
Time: 10.00am – 12.30pm
The 121 HR Business Partnership is at the heart of the relationship with our clients. The partnership brings the benefits of cost-effective HR support and professional advice without the worry of escalating legal fees when issues arise.
121 HR Business Manager is a professional HR service provided to businesses on an outsourced basis. Each business has different needs, therefore we tailor our service and approach to fit perfectly with your organisation.
121 HR Solutions provide a comprehensive range of HR services that can be accessed through the Business Manager package, or more commonly on a short-term project basis. This is useful to organisations that do not employ full-time HR staff and lack the knowledge and skills required.